Monday, July 18, 2011

AWESOME!!

I have to admit, when my buddy and I purchased the tickets for U2's 360º Tour at Busch Stadium late last year I wasn't as excited as I thought I might be.  It wasn't until I purchased the Blu Ray version of the show that the lads from Ireland did at the Rose Bowl in California that I started to feel the excitement build.  After discovering that there was a web cam that showed the progress of the stage build at the stadium, I couldn't wait for the day to get here.

Finally, the night was upon us.  It had been 10 years since my last U2 show and I was amped.  My first experience was the Pop Mart Tour in '97.  Elevation Tour was next in 2001.  I had by this time watched the 360º Blu Ray a few times and was ready to, as one of my favorite song writers puts it, have my mind blown.

We were not disappointed!!  Over 53,000 people packed Busch and everyone had their minds blown.  U2 out do themselves on every tour that I have had the experience of seeing.  It is not often that a band that has a mind blowing production equals the lights and/or video.  U2 does.

Below are a couple of short snippets of the wonderful show that we had the pleasure of seeing last night.  No copyright infringement intended.




No comments:

Post a Comment